Friday, June 26, 2009

Patch 3.2 Blues or 3.2 Benefit?

I'm not going to be talking about the Warrior changes in this post, because there aren't any. Well that's not really true, there is the slight buff to Armed to the Teeth where we now gain 40% more attack power from it. Also there is the buff to block rating, but that's just a poor band aid fix to a lack lustre tanking mechanic. Just by mentioning these I've said all that really needs to be said about them.

What I want to talk about is the Emblem changes. Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead.

What does this mean for me? Well my first reaction was the classic "They iz stealing mah epics!!1!", and that they had just wasted all of my hard work. They I stopped thinking with my epeen for a moment and took a better look at it. What does this actually mean for me?

Well for one thing this can only be a benefit to my guilds progression. A lot of our players do have alts that they can play at a high level, but we can't use them because they are not Ulduar ready and not likely to be in the near future. These changes will greatly benefit any returnee players, rerollers or alts. Hell it's even a boost to off spec raiding. I've been pretty luck with grabbing off spec tanking loot but there are still a couple of items I would dearly love to replace but find myself having to horde my Emblems of Conquest for main spec gear.

There is also a salve for my ego as well since the non tier Emblem loot is all substandard to the Ulduar drops. It's over stacked on stamina and a lot of it has sub optimal dps stats like haste. There is not one peice of it that fits my BiS, although I am using the gloves until I can get my hands on the Tier ones.

An added bonus is that I can now get heroic groups again without pugging (god I hate pugging, it is without a doubt the one part of the game I hate the most) and get some frozen orbs for my Jewelcrafting.

Speaking of heroics I am really really hoping that the new 5 man instance they are bringing out is of a higher difficulty level, much like Magisters Terrace was with the release of Sunwell Plateau.

Well thats about all the rambling I have for today,

So until next time this is Stuntyone the Incompetent Warrior signing off.

No comments: