Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Getting To The Good Bit.

SoL has been 5/6 in SSC and 3/4 in TK for a while now and last night we had our first real progression night on Lady Vashj. There were teething problems with the raid as a couple of people had connection issues due to the hotfix and had to be replaced.

Once we got up and running however it was everything I expected a progression raid to be. Wipe after wipe slowly getting better with each passing attempt. From the very start we blitzed through phase one with no problems what so ever, but at our best we managed to get 3 /4 generators down in phase 2.

Phase 2 is what tests the raid to destruction on this fight. Each and every raid member has to do his job and do it well. There are (if you break it down fully) 6 different areas of the fight, 4 groups on the stairs to deal with the elementals, one group to kite and nuke the Strider's and one group to tank and nuke the Coilfang Elites. If any one of these 6 areas falls down the the raid wipes. There is little or no leeway for mistakes to be made although one or two death wont wipe the raid, much more than that will.

I love it :)

This was just the type of fight I've been waiting for, one which tests each and every raid member to their utmost. I've heard that Kael'thas is even more complex and less forgiving ... I just cant wait.

In celebration at my first proper progress raid I we and ground out the mats I needed to have a Red Belt of Battle crafted for me. I might as well preform as best I can, and if that means doing some of that hated grinding, then so be it.

Well I'm off for another night of beating up the Medusa Lady, and getting beaten up in return.

So until next time this is Stuntyone the Incompetent Warrior signing off.

No comments: